ABOUT THE BOARD
The University of Lodz Gender Equality Board is a structure the objective of which is to promote and monitor equality in the academic environment. Its establishment is related to the participation of the University of Lodz in the RESET - Redesigning Equality and Scientific Excellence Together project. The Board aims at facilitating the introduction of relevant procedures and changes at the University of Lodz, at the same time supporting the definition of equality measures leading to the institutionalisation of the University's anti-discrimination policy, the application of which will extend beyond the timeframe of the project.
The UL Gender Equality Board begins its work on the date of its appointment (23 February 2021) and will work in this form until 31 December 2024.
CHAIR OF THE BOARD
prof. Eleonora Bielawska-Batorowicz - Faculty of Educational Sciences, the Rector's Representative for International Exchange Programmes
dr Aleksandra Różalska - Faculty of Philology, Head of the Women’s Studies Centre, RESET project leader at UL
- dr Izabela Desperak - Faculty of Economics and Sociology, Interdisciplinary Gender Seminar
- prof. Małgorzata Domagała - Faculty of Chemistry, Representative of the Polish Teachers' Union (ZNP)
- dr Anna Gutowska-Ciołek - Faculty of Educational Sciences, the Rector’s Representative for people with Disabilities, Head of the Academic Support Centre
- prof. Joanna Jabłkowska - Dean of the Faculty of Philology
- dr Andrzej Kompa - Vice-Dean of the Faculty of Philosophy and History
- prof. Inga Kuźma - Faculty of Philosophy and History, Head of the University of Lodz Center of Social Innovations
- Liliana Lato - Head of the International Relations Office
- prof. Anna Rakowska-Trela - Faculty of Law and Administration
- dr Marek Wojtaszek - Faculty of International and Political Studies
- dr Kaja Zapędowska-Kling - Faculty of International and Political Studies
- Bartłomiej Józefowicz - Representative of the University Students' Government Council
GENDER EQUALITY PLAN AT THE UNIVERSITY OF LODZ
On June 28, 2022, the University of Lodz adopted a Gender Equality Plan (GEP). The GEP is a formal requirement of the European Commission for public institutions, research units and universities from the European Union and associated countries that apply for research funding from the European Union. The goal of the Gender Equality Plan (GEP) - covering the period 2022-2024 - is to monitor and promote equality at the University of Lodz.
The GEP was developed as part of the Horizon 2020-funded project Redesigning Equality and Scientific Excellence Together (RESET) with the participation of the University of Lodz Gender Equality Board.