- employees of the University of Lodz (UL),
- candidates for work at the University of Lodz,
- former employees of the University of Lodz (retirees and pensioners),
- candidates for studies/doctoral schools/other forms of education at the University of Lodz,
- students, doctoral students and participants of non-degree postgraduate studies at the University of Lodz,
- University of Lodz graduates,
- participants of events organised by the University of Lodz,
- readers of the University of Lodz libraries,
- contractors of the University of Lodz.
University of Lodz cares about the protection of your personal data and applies appropriate organisational and technical solutions to prevent interference with your privacy by third parties. Our activities are aimed at guaranteeing you a sense of security at a level appropriate to applicable law, including in particular those specified in:
- regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation), hereinafter "GDPR",
- the Act of 10 May 2018 on the protection of personal data,
- the Act of 18 July 2002 on the provision of electronic services,
- the Act of 16 July 2004 Telecommunications Law.
Personal data on the Multiportal website may be collected through the following activities:
- information provided in forms posted in the Multiportal,
- information collected automatically when using the Multiportal, i.e.:
- information saved automatically in the logs of servers and the Multiportal, e.g. IP address, page request sent by the User, date and time of the request, browser type, browser language, device data, operating system type,
- "cookies" – small text files sent by the Multiportal to the device of the User who is visiting the Multiportal (e.g., a computer, smartphone).
When using the Multiportal, part of the data about the User may be collected and processed by the tools of external entities used by the University of Lodz. For example, these are: forms, plugins, buttons or other tools that allow you to share content on social networks, such as, among others: Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, Instagram, Google Maps, Google Analytics, YouTube.
University of Lodz:
DATA ADMINISTRATOR AND DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
The administrator of your personal data is the University of Lodz with its seat in Lodz, the address ul. Narutowicza 68, 90-136 Lodz.
University of Lodz is the Administrator of data processed in connection with the use of the Multiportal, with the exception of data collected by external entities to the services of which the University of Lodz refers the Users via links posted on the Multiportal.
In any case, you can contact the Data Protection Officer at the above-mentioned correspondence address with the note: Data Protection Officer of the University of Lodz or by e-mail at the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
LEGAL BASIS FOR PERSONAL DATA PROCESSING
Your personal data may be processed by the Administrator pursuant to:
- Art. 6 (1)(e) of the GDPR in connection with Art. 2 and Art. 11 of the Act of 20 July 2018 Law on Higher Education and Science (as it is necessary to perform a task carried out in the public interest or as part of exercising public authority entrusted to the administrator in connection with the mission of the higher education and science system in the field of education, scientific activity, shaping civic attitudes, as well as participation in social development and the creation of economy based on innovation),
- Art. 6(1)(b) GDPR (because it is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is a party or to take action at the request of the data subject prior to entering into the contract),
- Art. 6 (1)(c) GDPR (in connection with the requirements of the law and acts of internal law in force at the University of Lodz),
- Art. 6 (1)(f) GDPR (processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Administrator or by a third party),
- Art. 6 (1)(a) GDPR (based on your consent to the processing of personal data).
PURPOSES OF PERSONAL DATA PROCESSING
Your personal data may be processed in particular for the purpose of:
- sending via e-mail, to the e-mail address provided by you, information and marketing messages, including information on current educational offers of the University of Lodz, information about conferences and other events organised by the University, and available research and development programmes,
- execution of applications/entries made via the forms available in the Multiportal,
- administration of servers and the Multiportal,
- ensuring security and protection of data and the Multiportal,
- providing the User with specific services,
- facilitating and adapting the Multiportal to the needs of its Users,
- statistical purposes,
- remembering individual settings and preferences,
- ensuring proper operation of the Multiportal websites in the User's browser.
PERSONAL DATA RECIPIENTS
Recipients of your personal data may be entities that are entitled to receive them under the law. Your personal data may also be transferred to entities processing it on our behalf on the basis of contracts concluded with the Data Administrator, but only for the purpose and scope necessary for the implementation of the above-mentioned purposes, including entities providing IT services or other services ensuring proper functioning of the Multiportal, where such entities process data only in accordance with the instructions of the Data Administrator.
TIME OF PERSONAL DATA STORAGE
We process your personal data only for the time necessary to fulfill the purpose of their storage or as as we are legally required to do so, in particular until the statute of limitations for any claims or the expiration of any archiving obligations under the law, including the obligation to retain accounting documents.
In the event of processing personal data for the purpose of providing the newsletter service, your personal data will be processed for the time necessary to provide this service or until you resign from it.
In the case of processing personal data on the basis of your consent, your personal data will be stored until it is withdrawn. It is possible to withdraw consents expressed in the Multiportal at any time. Revocation of consent to processing will not affect the lawfulness of the processing carried out before its withdrawal.
In the case of processing your data on the basis of a legitimate interest of the administrator, the data Administrator will stop processing the data earlier if you object to the processing.
RIGHTS UNDER THE GDPR IN THE FIELD OF PERSONAL DATA PROCESSING
Due to the processing of personal data by the Administrator, the User has the right to:
- request access to their personal data,
- rectify their personal data,
- deletion or restriction of personal data processing – in cases provided for by law,
- object to the data processing,
- portability of data,
- withdraw consent to the processing of personal data for a specific purpose, if the User has given such consent, provided that this does not affect the lawfulness of data processing carried out before such a withdrawal,
- lodge a complaint to the President of the Personal Data Protection Office, if they deem that the processing of their personal data violates the provisions of the GDPR.
The above rights may be exercised by the User in accordance with the principles described in Art. 15-21 of the GDPR, by contacting the Data Administrator via the Data Protection Officer at the following address: email@example.comPersonal data collected through the forms, for which the User has consented, are processed for the purpose and time necessary for the proper handling of the task. Details are specified in the relevant information clauses provided under specific forms.
Information about cookies:
- Cookie files (so-called "cookies") are IT data, in particular text files, which are stored on the end device of the Multiportal User and are intended for the use of the Multiportal websites. Cookies usually contain the name of the website they come from, the storage time on the end device and a unique number.
- The entity that places cookies on the end device of the Multiportal User and obtains access to them is the Multiportal operator.
- Cookies are used for the following purposes:
- ensuring proper operation of the Multiportal websites in the User's browser;
- creating statistics that help to understand how the Multiportal Users use websites, which allows for the improvement of their structure and content;
- maintaining the Multiportal User's session (after logging in), thanks to which the User does not have to re-enter the login and password on each subpage of the Multiportal;
- determining the User's profile in order to display customized materials in advertising networks, in particular the Google network.
- Multiportal uses two basic types of cookies: session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies are temporary files that are stored on the User's end device until logging out, leaving the website or turning off the software (web browser). Persistent cookies are stored on the User's end device for the time specified in the cookie file parameters or until they are deleted by the User.
- Software for browsing websites (web browser) usually allows cookies to be stored on the User's end device by default. The Multiportal Users can change the settings in this regard. The web browser allows you to delete cookies. It is also possible to automatically block cookies. Detailed information on this subject can be found in the help or documentation of the web browser.
- Cookies placed on the end device of the Multiportal User may also be used by advertisers and partners cooperating with the Multiportal operator. We recommend that you read the privacy protection policies of these companies to get familiar with the rules of using cookies used in the statistics: Google Analytics Data Privacy and Security - Analytics Help (google.com).
- Cookies may be used by advertising networks, in particular the Google network, to display advertisements tailored to the manner in which the User uses the Multiportal. For this purpose, they may keep information about the User's navigation path or the time of staying on a given website.
- In terms of information about the User's preferences collected by the Google advertising network, the User can view and edit information resulting from cookies by the use of the following tool: https://www.google.com/ads/preferences/
If the User does not want to receive cookies, they may change the browser settings. We reserve that disabling cookies necessary for authentication processes, security, maintaining the User’s preferences may make it difficult, and in extreme cases, may prevent the use of the Multiportal websites.
The user may decide to save or not to save "cookies" in the browser settings:
- in the Firefox browser: Options> Privacy
- in the Chrome browser: Settings> Advanced settings> Privacy> Content settings
- in Internet Explorer: Tools> Internet Options> Privacy (allows you to choose different levels of protection)> Advanced
- in the Opera browser: Preferences> Advanced> Cookies
In each browser, cookie settings are set separately.