BioMedChem Doctoral School of the University of Lodz and Lodz Institutes of the Polish Academy of Sciences awards a PhD degree in the following disciplines:
- Biological Sciences
- Medical Sciences
- Chemical Sciences
Bio-Med-Chem Doctoral School is an interdisciplinary school, which has a unique curriculum offer. Doctoral students of the school gain knowledge from one of the three above mentioned disciplines, which is simultaneously closely related to the two remaining ones. Joint seminar classes constitute a platform to expand knowledge in these three fields, so far frequently considered (though wrongly) as separate. It is a valuable supplementation of the gained knowledge that leads to better and fuller understanding of processes and phenomena taking place at the interface between animate nature and its surroundings.
What is important is that institutions that form the School allow its research equipment use and carrying out research under the guidance of world-renowned scientists.
Education at Bio-Med-Chem Doctoral School of the University of Lodz and Lodz Institutes of the Polish Academy of Sciences
The goal of education is to broaden and deepen knowledge of doctoral students in the field of selected scientific discipline in an interdisciplinary environment allowing for the placement of competence associated with a given scientific discipline in a wider context. Knowledge and skills acquired during the studies will prepare you as a doctoral student to plan, design and conduct research independently within the Individual Research Plan (Indywidualny plan badawczy – IPB).
After graduating from the Doctoral School, you will be prepared to critically evaluate scientific research results that constitute a basis for scientific publications as well as to present the obtained results in the international scientific community. The acquired knowledge and ability to share it will enable you to carry out didactic work at the level of higher education.
Thanks to the education process you will gain competence enabling you to engage in individual as well as team scientific research, especially interdisciplinary ones, conducted by national and international research teams. The obtained knowledge and research results will constitute your contribution to the development of innovative economy and work for the public good.
The studies last 8 semesters and they are full-time studies (the classes are held during working days). They are free of charge.
THE DOCTORAL SCHOOL HEADQUARTERS
Dr hab. prof. UL Katarzyna Dzitko
Faculty of Biology and Environmental Protection, UL
ul. Banacha 12/16
2nd floor, room 279
T.42 635 46 66
Schedule all meetings with the school's secretary, please.
Monday - 12:00 – 12:45
mgr Małgorzata Grzelak
- Regulations of the BioMedChem Doctoral School of the University of Lodz and Lodz Institutes of the Polish Academy of Sciences until 30.09.2021 (197 KB)
- Regulations of the BioMedChem Doctoral School of the University of Lodz and Lodz Institutes of the Polish Academy of Sciences as of 1.10.2021 (80 KB)
- Regulations of the BioMedChem Doctoral School of the University of Lodz and Lodz Institutes of the Polish Academy of Sciences as of 1.10.2022 (84 KB)
- Recruitment rules to doctoral schools for the academic year 2022/2023 (791 KB)
- Detailed recruitment criteria to the BioMedChem Doctoral School of the University of Lodz and Lodz Institutes of the Polish Academy of Sciences (349 KB)
- Recruitment timetable 2022/2023 (110 KB)
- The recruitment timetable for the BioMedChem Doctoral School of the University of Lodz and Lodz Institutes of the Polish Academy of Sciences at the 2022/2023 academic year for candidates whose doctoral scholarship, if they are admitted to a Doctoral School, will be financed in whole or in part from external funds - 2nd round (95 KB)
- Recruitment fee 2022/2023 (129 KB)
- Limit of places 2022/2023 (146 KB)
Under the guidance of your potential supervisor, prepare a concept for your doctoral dissertation, which is one of the required documents in the recruitment process.
If the candidate has obtained from the supervisor (an academic employee of the University of Lodz) a consent to take him/her under supervision, he/she submits a statement of the potential supervisor on his/her willingness to take on the supervision (sample available at step 4).
If the candidate has not obtained such a consent, he/she submits an application for appointing a selected person who has the right to act as a supervisor as a supervisor of his/her doctoral dissertation (template available at step 4).
Enrollment/Registration - Electronic registration for studies is possible between 22.08.2022 - 24.08.2022
Remember to print out the application form from the Electronic Recruitment System!
Foreign applicants submit the documents required for the recruitment process in paper form to the address of the Office for International Relations (BWZ):
Biuro Współpracy z Zagranicą
ul. Uniwersytecka 3, pok. 1.
A candidate residing abroad may direct a request via email through BWZ (email@example.com) to the appropriate Director of the Doctoral School for the opportunity to submit documentation in paper form after the deadline resulting from the recruitment schedule, with a commitment to deliver the original documents before the date of signing the oath. If a set of original documents is not provided, an administrative decision to deny admission to the Doctoral School will be issued.
- Required documents (134 KB)
- Application for admission to the Doctoral School (16 KB)
- OUTLINE OF DISSERTATION of candidate to theBioMedChem Doctoral School of University of Lodz al Lodz Institutes of the Polish Academy of Sciences -TEMPLATE DOCUMENT (107 KB)
- Questionaire for evaluation of candidate's documentation (140 KB)
- Application for the appoitment of the doctoral supervisor (19 KB)
- DECLARATION - Annex No. 2 to the Regulation No.109 of the Rector of the University of Lodz dated 16.05.2022 (139 KB)
- Statement of the foreign candidate (21 KB)
- List of certificates confirming knowlegge of a modern foreign language (188 KB)
- Consent to be included on the list of doctoral supervisor candidates and for making available information - Appendix No. 1 to Regulation No. 109 of the Rector of the University of Lodz of 16.05.2022 (138 KB)
- DOCTORAL SCHOOL DIRECTOR’S DECISION - Annex no. 3 to the Regulation No. 109 of the Rector of the University of Lodz dated 16.05.2022 (139 KB)
- SUPERVISOR’S DECLARATION - Appendix No. 4 to Regulation No. 109 of the Rector of the University of Lodz of 16.05.2022 (140 KB)
- Agreement between the Director of the Doctoral School and the doctoral supervisor/an assisting supervisor employed outside the Doctoral School - Appendix No. 7 to Regulation No. 109 of the Rector of the University of Lodz of 16.05.2022 (141 KB)
- Agreement between the Director of the Doctoral School and the doctoral supervisor and the second supervisor - Appendix No. 8 to Regulation No. 109 of the Rector of the University of Lodz of 16.05.2022 (143 KB)
Deadline: 9 September 2022
If you are interested in the sample language tests, you can write to the following e-mail address for public information: firstname.lastname@example.org.
During the interview the following are assessed:
- Presentation of the dissertation concept, including:
- demonstrating the originality of the scientific problem presented in the concept
- demonstration of the research contribution to the development of the lead and additional discipline(s), in the case of an Industrial PhD programme the practical utility of the solutions
- clarity of concept presentation
- ability to justify the chosen methodology
- knowledge of research methods used in scientific work in the discipline
- knowledge of the literature on the subjects to be dealt with in the candidate’s research
- knowledge of specialist terminology, ability to compose a speech, 0-4 points communicativeness, interaction during discussion
TOTAL: 0-24 points
Each member of the recruitment committee will assess independently with 24 points. The final amount of points awarded to a candidate shall be the arithmetic mean of the points awarded by the members of the committee. Presentation of the concept in the form of a multimedia presentation is not accepted.
Deadline: 12.09.2022 - 27.09.2022 depending on the number of candidates.
The candidate will be informed of the interview date via email/and(.
Information on acceptance to the studies is visible in the Electronic Registration System on the candidate's account, and the Recruitment Committee's decision on non-acceptance is sent by registered letter with acknowledgement of receipt.