07.02 | Stearin for Trench Candles – the First Transport from the University of Lodz
More than half a tonne of stearin for trench candles purchased with funds raised by the University of Lodz community has already made its way to the…
19.01 | Collection of Stearin for the Ukrainian Front at the University of Lodz
University of Lodz is assisting in the collection of stearin for the Ukrainian front. Trench candles, which are made from this material, are often the…
08.01 | "Carol for Ukraine" with the Participation of the Rector of the University of Lodz – a Successful Collection
Rector of the University of Lodz, voivodeship authorities, journalists and social activists sang carols together for the children-victims of the war…
17.10 | Kyiv University Partly Destroyed – Appeal for Help
In the recent bombing of Ukraine, part of the infrastructure of Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv has been destroyed. The partner…
14.07 | The first semester of studies for Ukrainians fleeing the war has come to an end
The first semester of classes as part of the study programme of Studies on Poland with English, which was launched at the Faculty of Philology of the…
31.05 | NAWA Scholarships for doctoral candidates from Ukraine
As part of the "Solidarity with Ukraine" Ukrainian doctoral candidates can continue their work and research related to the preparation of their…
16.05 | University Children's Day (UA)
On 3 June 2022, Lumumbów will host a family integration picnic on the Children's Day. We invite all members of the University of Lodz community with…
05.05 | Refugees from Ukraine have started studies at the University of Lodz
University of Lodz has started "Studies on Poland with English" study programme. The recruitment process was successful: 34 people applied for one of…
12.04 | 28 researchers from Ukraine will get scholarships at the University of Lodz
The call for applications for scholarships for researchers from Ukrainian financed as part of the 2% increased subsidy for the University of Lodz for…
07.04 | University of Lodz is organising first-cycle studies for Ukrainians fleeing the war
University of Lodz, taking advantage of the statutory possibilities, already this academic year is planning to launch recruitment for the "Studies on…
09.03 | Support for Ukrainian families accommodated in student dormitories of the University of Lodz
UL Support Fund for Ukraine
As the University of Lodz, we do our best not to leave anyone from our academic community without support. However, in order to help all those in need, your involvement is also necessary. For this purpose, we have launched a special Support Fund for Ukraine. We kindly ask you to make even symbolic donations to the account created especially for this purpose by the University of Lodz Foundation. Every penny counts. You will receive regular updates on how your contributions have been used.
RULES FOR THE COLLECTION AND ALLOCATION OF FUNDS UNDER THE UNIVERSITY OF LODZ SUPPORT FUND FOR UKRAINE
Bank Pekao SA
Fundacja Uniwersytetu Lodzkiego
ul. Matejki 34a; 90-237 Lodz
title „UL dla Ukrainy”
🇵🇱 PLN: 89 1240 3060 1111 0010 2931 0987
🇪🇺 EUR: 69 1240 6292 1978 0011 1193 4422
🇺🇸 USD: 32 1240 6292 1787 0011 1193 4259
TRANSFERS TO THE UNIVERSITY OF LODZ
If you are thinking about transferring from Ukrainian University to the University of Lodz please write to email@example.com.
Please make sure that you have with you original documents from the university, especially the transcript of records, confirmation of student status and student ID card that will allow you to apply for the transfer at the University of Lodz.
List of study programmes in English: ADMISSION
Transfer is a very individual procedure due to differences in study programmes and therefore it depends on the Dean's decision after calculating academic differences.
To accepted as a transfer student it is required to submit a set of documents as it is required for admission (https://admission.uni.lodz.pl/recruitment-rules) plus a confirmation of student status, transcript of records which includes a list of all courses with grades (ECTS points if available) you have taken, as well as a consent of home university.
Next transfer window will be available at May-July 2023. Autumn semester starts on 1st October, so have to finish the procedure and register in person in Lodz as maximum on 30th September.
POLISH LANGUAGE COURSES
If you want to take up a Polish language course, contact the Centre of Polish Language for Foreigners.
Enrollment in courses:
tel. 42 635 47 03
p. Katarzyna Gasztych
SUPPORT FOR THE WORLD OF SCIENCE
The Russian invasion of Ukraine also affected representatives of the local academic world. The academic community in Poland and around the world is not indifferent to their fate and is united in efforts to help employees of Ukrainian universities. Websites are being created that allow the exchange of information about the possibilities of individual academic centres, containing contacts to the coordinators of aid for Ukrainian scientists.
Thanks to them it is possible to publish offers of employment, accommodation or scholarship aid for Ukrainian researchers who, because of the war, will have to leave their jobs and leave their homeland.
- Such a help initiative came from, among others, Academy of Young Scholars of the Polish Academy of Sciences. Members of the Academy declared that they were ready to accept scientists in their research groups, providing them with support as well as a place and tools for work. They are also looking for scientists and academic institutions willing to support their initiative. Details here. You can report the initiative coordinators at individual universities who will be able to answer questions about help for specific people by writing to the following e-mail address: https://amu.pan.pl/wsparcie-dla-uczonych-z-ukrainy/ and on Messenger. A page on Facebook run by the Academy of Young Scholars of the Polish Academy of Sciences (AMU PAN) may also serve as the information exchange platform.
- The platform for the exchange of information about the possibilities and nature of the help was also launched by the community operating around LabsArena.com. This is a project that is to help scientists establish contacts, exchange equipment, and create research teams. Now, in wartime conditions, help offers for scientists from Ukraine can be reported here.
- Information on how to help the academic world of Ukraine is also available on the scienceforukraine.eu website. Here contacts to aid coordinators in individual countries can be found.
The community of the University of Lodz is already organising collections of necessary things for people in Ukraine. One of such actions will be carried out by the Students’ Government of the Institute of Russian Studies, University of Lodz. A parallel action will also be conducted by the Faculty of Geographical Sciences. It is worth remembering that the collected gifts, as in the case of the collection at the Faculty of Philology, should be ultimately transferred to the Lodz City Hall. The Lodz City Hall website also clearly lists which gifts should be given.
The Polish government is preparing special legal solutions that will enable the settlement of medical benefits provided to Ukrainian citizens coming to Poland in connection with Russia's military aggression in Ukraine. According to the announcement, every refugee from Ukraine can obtain medical assistance in clinics, specialist clinics and hospitals in Poland. As emphasized by the Polish National Health Fund (NFZ), Ukrainians can count on the same benefits that Polish patients are subject to.
- BY PKP INTERCITY TRAINS
The citizens of Ukraine can travel free of charge in class 2 on TLK and IC economy category trains of PKP Intercity in domestic transport. The journey is possible based on a passport confirming Ukrainian citizenship. The announcement from the website of the Ministry of Infrastructure
- BY PUBLIC TRANSPORT IN LODZ
From 03.03.2022 the citizens of Ukraine fleeing the war in their country can use Lodz public transport free of charge. The exemption from holding a valid ticket by refugees from Ukraine is to be in force until 3 June. The right to travel for free will be granted to citizens of Ukraine who crossed the border after 23.02.2022.
Source: Lodz City Hall
- BY ŁKA TRAINS
Due to the ongoing armed conflict in Ukraine, from 26 February 2022 until further notice, citizens of Ukraine can travel by ŁKA trains without paying a fare. Presenting a document confirming identity to the train crew will constitute the basis for free travel.
Do you need to talk? Are you seeking psychological consultation? Do you need another form of support - contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you require consultation on your case? Contact: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
DO YOU NEED INFORMATION ON THE INITIATIVES ORGANISED AT THE UL OR WOULD YOU LIKE TO START AN INITIATIVE? DO YOU HAVE ANY OTHER QUESTIONS?
Contact: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
ALL NEWS RELATED TO THE TOPIC
- Support in learning Polish from the University of Lodz Publishing House
- Senate of the University of Lodz condemns attack on Ukraine
- War in Ukraine - support for the UL community
- Information for those who want to donate blood for victims from Ukraine
- Appeal of the Rector of the University of Lodz concerning the attack on Ukraine
- Words of solidarity and support to Ukrainian Scholars and Students – announcement of the University of Lodz Council
- University of Lodz in solidarity with students from Ukraine
- Statement of the academic community on Russian aggression against Ukraine
- Weekend meetings for people experiencing difficult emotions related to war activities in Ukraine.
- Collection point of items for those in need in Ukraine
- Support of non-governmental organisations
- Appeal to academic communities in relation to the war in Ukraine
- University of Lodz will offer scholarships for Ukrainian researchers
- University of Lodz has launched a competition for scholarships for researchers from Ukraine
- University of Lodz suspends cooperation with Russia and Belarus until further notice
- Books for children in Ukrainian - to be downloaded for free
- University of Lodz is organising first-cycle studies for Ukrainians fleeing the war
- 28 researchers from Ukraine will get scholarships at the University of Lodz