INDUSTRIAL DOCTORAL PROGRAMME OF THE MINISTRY OF EDUCATION AND SCIENCE
Industrial Doctoral Programme is a programme that allows you to combine research and professional work. It opens the way to obtaining a doctoral degree for people who want to simultaneously develop a scientific career and not to stop working outside the university. Industrial Doctoral Programme has a very practical dimension, because it means the preparation of a doctoral dissertation that will improve functioning of the organisation that employs a doctoral student. All students of the University of Lodz who have defended their Master's degree and plan to apply for admission to doctoral schools at our university can apply to the programme.
Remember that the condition for participation in the programme is being admitted to the UL doctoral school, being employed by an organisation and being granted an auxiliary supervisor from among its employees.
During your doctoral studies, you can count on a scholarship in the amount of PLN 3450 to 4450 per month, co-financing of the costs of using research infrastructure and social security.
Entities that already cooperate with the University of Lodz under the programme are, among others: Łukasiewicz Research Network – Textile Research Institute (Łódź) and Institute of Electronic Materials Technology (Warsaw); Centre for Innovation and Technology Transfer (Łódź); Grupa Lotos S.A. (Gdańsk); Bionanopark (Łódź); Fundacja Rozwoju Przedsiębiorczości (Foundation for the Development of Entrepreneurship) (Łódź); Lumileds Poland S.A. (Pabianice); EC1- the City of Culture in Lodz; ABB Sp. z o.o. (Aleksandrów Łódzki); Social Support Association "JA-TY-MY" (Łódź); State Ethnographic Museum (Warsaw). Chemat Sp. z o.o. (Konin); Municipal Investment Board (Łódź).
What does an employing organisation gain?
- Support for solving the problem it is facing.
- The chance to hire a specialist in a given field who will conduct scientific research to solve a specific problem.
- The possibility of deducting from the tax base 50% of personnel costs related to the employment of a doctoral student and deducting funds spent on R&D development of competences of employees participating in the programme.
What does a doctoral student gain?
- The possibility of preparing a doctoral dissertation under the substantive supervision of both a supervisor from a scientific unit and an auxiliary supervisor indicated by the employer.
- Remuneration for work in the company and a scholarship from the Ministry of Science and Higher Education in the amount of PLN 3450, and after the mid-term evaluation – PLN 4450 per month.
Inquiries about the programme can be directed to Agnieszka Wojnarowska from the UL Service Centre for Students and PhD Candidates (Doctoral Students' Affairs).
You can also find more information on the website of the Ministry of Education and Science.
INDUSTRIAL DOCTORAL PROGRAMME OF THE UNIVERSITY OF LODZ: BEGINNING OF THE 6TH EDITION 2022
CALL DEADLINE: UNTIL 1 JUNE 2022
University of Lodz has opened a call for applications for the 6th edition of the Industrial Doctoral Programme. Its participants will conduct scientific and implementation research with selected socio-economic entities and companies. All students who have defended their Master's degree and plan to apply to doctoral schools at our university can apply for admission to the programme. The call will last until 1 June 2022.
The main goal of the Industrial Doctoral Programme is to prepare a doctoral dissertation that will be applied in the work and operation of a specific company. Doctoral students, under the supervision of two supervisors - scientific supervisor from the university and industrial one from the employing company, will work on solving the problem that the entrepreneur reports.
Conditions for starting the programme:
- admission to the doctoral school of a person who is or will be employed on a full-time basis by a selected entity; the aforementioned entity has to agree to its education at the doctoral school under the programme and provide the doctoral student with an auxiliary supervisor;
- appointment by the university of an auxiliary supervisor, indicated by the entity employing the doctoral student from among employees of this entity.
Doctoral students benefiting from the programme will receive scholarships in the following amount:
- PLN 3,450 per month – until the month when the mid-term evaluation is carried out;
- PLN 4,450 per month – after the month when the mid-term evaluation was carried out.
Entities that already cooperate with the University of Lodz under the programme are, among others: Łukasiewicz Research Network – Textile Research Institute (Łódź) and Institute of Electronic Materials Technology (Warsaw); Centre for Innovation and Technology Transfer (Łódź); Bionanopark (Lodz); Fundacja Rozwoju Przedsiębiorczości (Foundation for the Development of Entrepreneurship) (Łódź); EC1 Łódź City of Culture in Łódź; ABB Sp. z o.o. (Aleksandrów Łódzki); Social Support Association "JA-TY-MY" (Łódź); State Ethnographic Museum (Warsaw). Chemat Sp. z o.o. (Konin); Municipal Investment Board (Łódź); Łódź Voivodeship Spatial Planning Office; Institute of Polish Mother's Health Center (Łódź); Muzeum Sztuki in Łódź; Fuchs Oil Corporation (Pl) Sp. z o.o. (Gliwice); Museum of Film in Lodz; Urban Forms Foundation (Łódź); LOTOS Upstream Sp. Z o.o.(Gdańsk)
If you are interested in participating in the programme, please contact:
P: +48 42-635-43-85; +48 889-052-646
PREVIOUS EDITION OF THE INDUSTRIAL DOCTORAL PROGRAMME
University of Lodz invites companies and future doctoral students to cooperate within the framework of the 5th edition of the Industrial Doctoral Programme announced by the Ministry of Education and Science.
The subject of the programme, starting from the 5th edition, is to create conditions for the development of cooperation between entities of the higher education and science system and the socio-economic environment, conducted as part of doctoral schools and consisting in educating doctoral students in cooperation with entrepreneurs employing them or other entities, the effect of which will be the implementation of the results of scientific activity conducted by doctoral students in these entities.
The main assumption of the Industrial Doctoral Programme from the 5th edition is to prepare a doctoral dissertation as part of the project. The dissertation will help to function and solve problems arising in a given company or other entity.
Conditions for joining the programme are, as follows:
- preparation by the University of Lodz of a project involving the conduct of scientific activity with a specific scientific or artistic purpose and practical significance and scientific potential or artistic value;
- cooperation with an entrepreneur who will be interested in implementing the results of scientific activities that will be carried out as part of the project;
- admission to the doctoral school of a person who is or will be employed full-time by an entity that agrees to their education at the doctoral school under the programme and provides them with an auxiliary supervisor;
- appointment by the applicant (which is the University) of an auxiliary supervisor indicated by the entity employing the doctoral student from among the employees of the entity.
The financial resources in the programme are intended for:
- funding of a doctoral scholarship in the amount of:
PLN 3450.00 – until the month when the mid-term evaluation referred to in Article 202(2) of the Act is carried out;
PLN 4450.00 – after the month when the mid-term evaluation referred to in Article 202(2) of the Act was carried out;
- increasing the amount of the doctoral scholarship in the case of having a certificate of disability, in accordance with Article 209(7) of the Act;
- costs of social insurance referred to in Article 6(1)(7b) of the Act of 13 October 1998. on the social insurance system (Dz.U. - Journal of Laws of 2021, items 423 and 619)
- co-funding of the costs of using the research infrastructure for the purpose of the doctoral student's project;
The condition for completion of participation in the programme is the submission by the doctoral student of a doctoral dissertation resulting from scientific activity carried out as part of the project.
Each project is carried out by one doctoral student.
The call for proposals under the programme in accordance with the announcement of the Minister of Education and Science of 27 April 2021 on the establishment of the Industrial Doctoral Programme and the call for proposals lasts from 5 May 2021 to 31 May 2021 and takes place through the OSF system.
We encourage you to participate in the information meeting on the 5th edition of the Industrial Doctoral Programme at the Ministry of Education and Science on 13 May 2021. More information can be found at the following link:
The University is still the applicant, while the supervisor or doctoral student may be auxiliary editors of the application submitted in the OSF system.
In order to apply, please contact Agnieszka Wojnarowska:
P: + 48 42-635-49-49; + 48 889-052-646
University of Lodz in the 5th edition of the competition of the Ministry of Education and Science as part of the "Implementation Doctorate" programme in 2021 obtained 8 implementation projects. Industrial Doctoral Programmes are carried out in 3 Doctoral Schools of the University of Lodz: Doctoral School of Social Sciences, Doctoral School of Humanities and Doctoral School of Exact and Natural Sciences in the following disciplines:
- chemical sciences - 1
- management and quality studies – 3
- arts studies - 3
- culture and religion studies - 1
The total value of the project is PLN 2,272,408.56.